Wednesday, February 17, 2010

OMG you have to try this!!!!

Okay, I was VERY skeptical on this one, but tried it anyways. Boy am I glad I did!! I did make a couple of changes bc I thought they made sense:)

Microwave "cup" cake

Use a wide shallow mug for best results

Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons cake flour (or bread flour)
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
pinch salt
1 Egg (optional, if omitted add 1 tbsp. more milk)
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tablespoons pure canola oil

Mix dry ingredients (I even sifted mine) in mug. Add wet ingredients. Mix well. I added 3 frozen truffles to make it a LAVA "cup" cake. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It will puff up a lot, but don't stop the cooking! Cool slightly on a rack (or window sill like I did to hurry it up! LOL) I even made a cream cheese frosting in a jiff as well:

1 tsp. cream cheese
1 tsp. milk or cream
3 tbsp. powdered sugar

Blend well, pour over warmish cake:) YUMMY!!!

Please feel free to hate on me for giving you all a reason to enjoy warm cake any time. I can't wait to try this with Babybee when she's bigger (big ass grin here!) Mmmm.... next time I will try it with vanilla ice-cream on top. Then after that some hot fudge, then after that caramel sauce, then after that mint chocolate chips, then after that mini cream eggs, then after that rocky road, then after that.... you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment