Monday, February 15, 2010

Hello again!

Well, been a few days since I last posted. I just wanted to jot down a few things because today, like most days, Babybee just amazed me:) Here is a list of the animals that she makes the sounds of on a regular basis:

elephant(moves her arms to mimic a trunk)
monkey
lion(claws in the air)
tiger
horse
chicken
owl
kitty
dog
rabbit
squirrel
butterfly(she flaps her arms and makes "wind" noises!)
goat
sheep
cow(her first and favorite)
zebra
bear
penguin(puts her hands low and wiggles saying "nenenene")
frog
snake
duck
bird
fish(even makes a fish face)

I think that's all.

She also knows purple, blue and red! She knows star, ball, balloon, circle, heart, flower and square. She has begun "comparing" things. Example: she has a Little People giraffe and picked it up one day, took it to her toy box and held it up to the giraffe painted on the side of the box. Then she squeaked for DaddyBee's approval:) She has done this with Thomas the Train, Elmo, Cookie Monster, other animals, balls and clocks.

WOW. Now that I am writing down what she knows I realize that she is exceptionally aware of her world. The funniest thing so far is when she wakes in the morning and calls for DaddyBee. All you hear is: "Da? Dada? Da? Daddy? Daddy? DAD!? Nanas..nanas... Da? Da? nanas! nanananana!! DAD!? I will never forget the first time she did this. She was completely obsessed with bananas for about 3 weeks.

She just went through her first allergic reaction as well. The culprit was either eggs or nuts. I (for the first time ever) allowed her to have a coffee shop treat~ banana bread (for obvious reasons stated above). I won't do that again. There must have been ground nuts in it:( Thankfully it didn't seem to bother her at all!

Well, off to raid her toys and hide a bunch. I spend, no exaggeration, at least 1 hour putting away books and toys each night and am tired of it! On top of that is the dishes and laundry and quite frankly, she can go without her billions of useless toys if it means a bit of time to myself at night.

I am going to start a little craft for her tonight. I purchsed 1 large and 5 small wooden butterflies to paint and attach magnets too. Babybee just loves butterflies and always points them out. I hope to have them done by Friday. I am going to get super crafty with them:) Hey, either go all-out or just don't bother! (I generall just don't bother ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment