Sunday, February 28, 2010

My niece's birthday:)

So, my sis www.mooseintoque.blogspot.com is having a fairy themed birthday for her daughter's 5th birthday, and is doing fairy-cakes (cupcakes). Soooo, cute:) We rambled on and on about them today and I came up with an idea to turn cupcakes into lotus flowers using fondant and shimmer powders, and have the fairies sitting inside the flowers on top of the cupcakes. I hope my sis will go for it;) I would love to try my hand at flower forming, and the lotus would be a simple one to start with! I would love to see the look on M~calf's face when she realizes she gets to eat what looks like a real flower!!! Is it sad that I am already thinking of what I can do for Babybee's 2nd birthday? LOL

I also discovered that you can make fondant by simply melting marshmallows and blending them with powdered sugar and flavoring or colouring paste. I would think that it would dry out quicker, but a little shortening should prevent that. Would be fun to try out, and even less expensive than buying fondant pre-made. At least for practicing;)

I also bought the purple and pink candy melts for the fairy wands. Those will be a blast to make! I also entered a contest hosted by http://www.makeandtakes.com/ to win some fairy wings:O Girls really are a lot of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment