Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pear upside-down cake:P

So, I had a sweet tooth tonight and decided to use my very first jar of homemade pears. I canned them all in apple juice and they are yummy! Babybee agreed too, as she gobbled some up before bed:) Then I decided they needed cake.... most things are better with cake! Here's what I did!

Heat oven to 350*

Generously grease an 8 or 9 inch square, glass cake pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Line the pan with a single layer of canned (or fresh) pear slices. Prepare any white or yellow cake mix, but use pear or apple juice instead of water. I made a white cake from scratch, add added extra vanilla:) Pour the batter over the pears. Sprinkle the cake batter with 2 tbsp. sugar and a bit of cinnamon. Bake until cake is done (usually 35 minutes). Cool on a rack for about 1/2 hour and enjoy. I think it would be great with a bit of lightly sweetened whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment