Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mmmmmm, best Ginger Curry EVER!!

This is the best curry I have ever made, and I could have eaten DaddyBee's share as well, but he spotted it too soon! I just HAVE to share it:)

Serves 4-6

3-4 chicken breasts, bone out skin removed
juice and zest of 1 lemon
pinch salt
Marinate the chicken in a ziplock using the juice and zest of 1 lemon for at least 2 hours, then cut into strips.

1 medium red onion diced
4-6 small fresh carrots, sliced thinly lenghtwise
1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced in strips
1 tsp minced garlic, or paste
2 tsp minced ginger, or paste (though I would double it if just for me)
pinch sea salt
1 1/2 tsp mild curry powder (I have a toddler or it would be hot)
1/2 cup cream

Basic rue:
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour

Melt butter over medium low heat then whisk in flour, cooking for a couple of minutes to remove starchy flavor and texture.


Saute onions, carrots, salt, garlic and ginger in heavy, deep pan. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add pepper strips, 2 cups water and curry powder. Simmer for about 25-35 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Blend in the rue, starting by adding some of the liquid to the rue itself to thin it out, then pour into the pan. Once well blended, add the cream and simmer for a couple of minutes and serve! I like it with Naan bread:)

No comments:

Post a Comment