Friday, April 30, 2010

The work week!

So, I did in fact do fabulous at work this week. And the machines haven't been so clean in over a year! They cannot tell me that the operator cannot find time to clean them. I mean, we are talking about equipment that is worth several hundred thousands of dollars. At the VERY least the moving parts should be cleaned and lubricated every week (though I did so every day). I did have to do things in small increments because you cannot do everything at once because the valves and cylinders would go into overdrive (best word I could think of right now), and that would cause other issues.

It was certainly the first time I have been happy since returning in December. I am not looking forward to going back to powder prep, but hopefully now that I have more than proven myself, and proven that fact that I know the machines inside out and backwards with my eyes closed, they will realize they need to give me my job back. I haven't run the machines in almost 1 1/2 years, and the only hiccup was getting the computers up and running on the first morning. Otherwise, all the change-overs went smoothly and I had no issues with the new daily order system.

On a great note, I got 3 hours of OT too! I am going to use the extra cash to treat myself to a full hour massage just before my vacation on the May long:)

No comments:

Post a Comment