Thursday, September 9, 2010

Terrible Twos! (at 19 months)

I am at my wits end. My always wonderful, gentle, sweet, sleep-through-the-night little girl has done a complete 180! Nothing works to calm her when she has her temper-tantrums. I've tried ignoring it, redirecting her emotions into something constructive, laughing and making light of it, and snuggling/restraining to keep her from bonking her sweet little head. *sigh* Oh what to do? Hopefully babybee grows out of it, soon, lol. I'm thankful that I know about these things, and am not getting angry or upset. I imagine that it would make it all the worse for both of us if I did. Oh, and everything has to be HER way, without exception (which usually leads to the rolling on the floor fits). It's really quite funny watching such a teeny person doing such a thing :)

3 comments:

  1. I blame it on being learned behaviour, something picked up at daycare, or from the last time you told Tim he couldn't have x-jeep-part-thingy!!! lol. Elsewise, like you said, completely normal, ya just gotta roll with it. Funny thing, I can't remember how back Mick's tantrums ever got, another thing I'll have to ask Kev to remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt it so rude how we get some kind of perverse enjoyment out of watching our little ones have fits? .. it is kinda funny ;) lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, downright hilarious:) I would love to understand why they think that rolling on the floor like the suffocating fish is going to trick us into giving in? hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete